Wednesday, March 24, 2010

i'm back and i'm game !

Today was volleyball day. I was a temporary leader for suamerah a.k.a suarasa. We needed to train for our mini sports. I felt so obligated and tired at the same time. We had a couple of newbies who seemed like they wanted nothing to do with the match ; serious enery suckers. After around an hour, suamerah was up against suaungu a.k.a suasana. I started to fan our fire for it to get burning. It didn't really work and i felt like the biggest loser! My serve went south and i couldn't save any of the balls .. things were so screwed. 16-25. Blah ~ Just when i was about to leave the court, coach announced that suamerah won. Haha. Suasana was disqualified for leaving the court too early. I was so grateful for the second chance that was given to me. The next match we were up against suakuning a.k.a suakasih. We grabbed Qama and Myra from other Suas ;) During the game i missed a swing, frustration started to grow in me but i wasn't in for give ups. So when the next serve came, Myra took a swing and she hit it to the centre and yeah, you guessed it, i ran and took a damn strong swing and the ball went flying over the net. HELL YEAH IT FELT GOOD ! That's not the best part, the best part was i got my second chance to serve. Everyone was staring at me as usual, i counted my steps and whoop ! the ball goes right across the net and BAM ! fell onto the ground. The only sound i could make was WHOA !!! ~ I ran to the front of the net and got my ball. I stepped behind the line and WHOOP ! my second swing ! DAMN IT FELT LIKE A COMEBACK. I WAS BACK AND I AM GAME ! I can't remember how many times i did my service but i remember that Syaza and Coach tried to distract but it didn't move me a bit. I was rock steady and man ! i felt great ! I was so proud of myself. Nobody seemed to realize this comeback power of mine but i had an epiphany. WHEN YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOOD, WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY WON'T MATTER.

XOXO,
Inez

No comments:

Post a Comment