Tuesday, December 30, 2008

3 Days of 公德.

For those who don't know what 公德[read as gong de] is, I can't help you, cos i'm not sure myself.
I think that its a ceremony or prayer for the ancestors.
Not sure which is which but i'm sure it has something to do with ancestors and the spiritual world. One thing i can really help you is to give you a rough idea of what it is.
This is the paper palace.
Cost : RM9000 ++

Look how cute she is sitting there, reading.
My grandma a.k.a ama.
In her hands is the paper with a chinese text that says,

脚踏鸡寮,
手模香蕉树,
牵你一层层轻,
牵你起来见观音,
换衣换裤见三宝,
三宝是好人,
牛头马脸是忠人,
公婆是自己人.



We have to read the chinese text while circling the red thing which i call the 'holy pole'.
The orangy=red headed lady is a darling.
She said that I'm pretty and that i look like an American movie star !!!
Aww .. Isn't she sweet ??


Sitting around, waiting for our turns to circle the 'holy pole'.

Around 9.30pm




The men took down the lights and started moving everything, including the paper palace, to a big field near the housing area.






Then they put the paper palace and all the other stuff back together again.



The ceremony begins.





And there goes our RM9000 ++.



Everyone was watching as if there was a fireworks show.




People actually stopped by to watch.
I guess they thought there was a fire.
Oh, not to forget, my uncle called the firemen, just in case anything goes wrong.

This thing cost us RM200 per day as rental.


After the burning ceremony, all of us changed into our red outfits.
The Eng Family.






We got a few things as reward.
For being there I guess.
:D


And now I shall present you the Crazy Teenagers we have in the Eng Family.

Oh, she's not the only one alive.






Thats all I can afford to show you.
The others are a little too violent.
:D


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I like your blog, I'm gonna add it to my favourites :)
    Go ahead with publishing new topics!
    Greetings from Spain ^^

    ReplyDelete