Monday, October 19, 2009

This is how i celebrated deepavali

1st day
I had gastric, real bad but my lovely undenialbly loving sister forced me to get into the car and got me all the way to ampang. I was so ill that even when the mix.fm crew came over to susie aka's house. yes, she was the winner of the mix.fm sari drapping contest. Hence, they came over to her house. It was broadcasted over the radio. COOL. I know. I was upstairs listening to it though. Sad, yes but there was nothing else i could've done. Just when i decided that this would be my worse deepavali ...
2nd day
I was up and on the go ! i woke up at 9 sharp and was feeling awfully healthy ! *touchwood* I took my shower right after i ate my breakfast. i dressed and then started to help my grandma out. We cooked chicken curry and thosai. IT WAS MIND BLOWING. The chicken was just so amazingly soft. It was absolute heaven ! At around 2pm, we went over to susie aka's house. Mahendran uncle cooked his all time famous MUTTON. We could even smell it before we stepped into the house. I went in and i saw this girl was smiling at me like she knows me or something and after a few short seconds, she said hye. I thought real fast but wasnt sure of her name. One thing i was sure is that we knew each other, no doubt about that. So i went over and gave her a real big hug, while trying to figure out who she is. After i let go of her and really looked deep at her. I saw her smile. The same smile my Abang used to give me. At that instant, all the memories came flooding back into my mind. She was Abang's little sister. Abang is my childhood bestfriend. He is like a cousin of mine. He sayangs me the best. Man, i miss him. Anyway, i asked about her job and apparently she works at this clubhouse at pandan perdana. My mom was so interested after hearing deena talking about the discount she could give us. So, i guess we're going for tennis sessions soon ! awesome ! After that, i helped my unbelievably stubborn grandma to wash to dishes. She is so stubborn that she won't let me wash the dishes but she gave in when i told her i could see her bending her legs out of tiredness. A few seconds passed and she came into the kitchen with a broom in her hand. When i stared at her with my why-arent-you-sitting-down face, she gave me this full colgate smile + big bunny eyes + lifted eyebrows. Besides my mom and dad, she was one of my favourite person in the whole wide world. No way couldi have fought that face so i said to her that she must rest after she sweep.
Yes, you've guessed it, she didnt do as i say. I couldn't stop her from doing all the chores. NO ONE could've stopped her. Like i said, she's stubborn. Later that evening, we watched vaaranam ayiram. Its a very touching story. My eyes were like leaking pipes. They wou;dn't stop. This movie is about father love. It reminds me of how much i miss my dad. To make things worse, I dreamt of him coming home and promising never to leave me.
Yup, so thats pretty much how i spent my deepavali .. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment